Safety, Health, and Wellbeing
Harvard University and the GSD support the wellbeing of its community by providing resources that holistically support staff, students, and faculty in their academic, professional, and personal endeavors. The GSD prioritizes the health, safety, and security of its community in all of its efforts to provide a positive working and learning environment.
Related Policies and Resources:
Safety and Security:
GSD Emergency Information
HUPD’s Annual Security Report
GSD Policy on Dangerous Weapons and Threats
GSD Missing Persons Policy
GSD No Smoking Policy
GSD Drugs and Alcohol Policy
GSD Accessibility Services
GSD Fabrication Lab Policies and Guidelines
GSD Environmental Health and Safety
GSD Policy on Personal Conduct
GSD Studio Culture Policy
GSD Policy on Hazing
- Security Supervisor: 617-496-9370
Harvard University Police Department (HUPD):
- For medical, fire, or crime in progress. An HUPD Officer is dispatched immediately and reaches the GSD in less than three minutes.
- Call will go to Cambridge, Somerville, or Boston Police.
Harvard University Operations Center:
- 24-hour hotline to report leaks, power outages, and security issues.
GSD Office of Student Affairs:
Harvard University Health Services (HUHS):
- 24-hour treatment for urgent health problems, both physical and emotional.
HUHS Counseling and Mental Health Services (CAMHS):
- 617-495-2042, after hours 617-495-5711
Office of Sexual Assault Prevention and Response (OSAPR):
- 24-hour confidential hotline for harassment/assault, relationship violence, or stalking.
Office of Alcohol and Other Drug Services:
Center for Wellness and Health Promotion: