Commencement for the academic year 2017-2018 will be held on Thursday, May 24, 2018. Commencement Day activities include ceremonies in Harvard Yard and at the GSD, and the Harvard Commencement Address.
- 6:45 am: Harvard Yard gates open to ticketed guests. Guests are requested to be seated by 8:15 am. Plan time to stand on line and to have your bags searched; view the Yard bag policy here (scroll down). Also note that strollers will be allowed into the Old Yard, but not into Tercentenary Theatre proper.
- 7:00 am: Continental breakfast available at GSD for graduates and guests
- 7:30 am: Graduates line up at GSD and (at about 7:45 am) process to Harvard Yard
- 8:50 am: Academic Procession into Tercentenary Theatre and Commencement Ceremony (tickets required) Morning exercises can be viewed via live stream at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhLHg8yztdQ&t=0s
- Approximately 12 noon: GSD Diploma Ceremony (follows Harvard Yard ceremony; tickets required)
- Approximately 1:30 pm: GSD lunch for graduates and guests (immediately follows GSD Diploma Ceremony; tickets required)
- 2:30 pm: Harvard Alumni Association meeting and Commencement Address by Congressman John Lewis in Harvard Yard (tickets required; bag and stroller policies same as for morning)
Please note that some ceremonies and meals are ticketed events. Graduates will receive information about tickets for themselves and their guests for all events requiring tickets or with limited attendance.
Please visit the GSD’s Commencement Week page for more information. You may also wish to view the university-wide Commencement site.
Anyone requiring accessibility accommodations should contact the events office at (617) 496-2414 or [email protected].