Commencement for the academic year 2018-2019 will be held on Thursday, May 30, 2019. Commencement Day activities include ceremonies in Harvard Yard and at the GSD, and the Harvard Commencement Address.
- 6:45 am: Harvard Yard gates open to ticketed guests. Guests are requested to be seated by 8:15 am. Plan time to stand on line and to have your bags searched; view the Yard bag policy here (scroll down). Also note that strollers will be allowed into the Old Yard, but not into Tercentenary Theatre proper.
- 7:00 am: Continental breakfast available at GSD for graduates and guests; Gund Hall (no tickets required)
- 7:30 am: Graduates line up outside Gund and (at about 7:45 am) process to Harvard Yard
- 8:50 am: Academic Procession into Tercentenary Theatre
- 9:45 am: Commencement Morning Ceremony begins (tickets required)
- 11:30 am: Commencement Morning Ceremony ends
- Approximately 12 noon: GSD Diploma Ceremony (follows Harvard Yard ceremony; tickets required until standing room opens); Gund Hall back yard tent
- Approximately 1:30 pm: GSD lunch for graduates and guests (immediately follows GSD Diploma Ceremony; tickets required); Gund Hall
- 2:30 pm: Harvard Alumni Association meeting and Commencement Address by Angela Merkel in Harvard Yard (tickets required; bag and stroller policies same as for morning)
Please note that some ceremonies and meals are ticketed events. Graduates will receive information about tickets for themselves and their guests for all events requiring tickets or with limited attendance.
Anyone requiring accessibility accommodations should contact the Public Programs Office at (617) 496-2414 or [email protected].