Return to Campus & Technology
Tips and considerations for bringing back devices and returning to Computer Resources at the GSD
- If you have a computer that remained dormant on campus during the pandemic it will need to download and install many patches and updates which could take several hours. Please be prepared for this delay and bring the computer you’ve been using at home to minimize any potential downtime.
- Make a plan for your computer accessories. Faculty and Staff who took GSD-provided computer equipment home (like monitors and keyboards) and have flexible work schedules, consider what you would like to bring back to campus and what should stay at home. The GSD is only providing one set of accessories for you to use either at home or on campus, not both.
- Allow some time to get reconnected. If you’re bringing peripherals back to campus, block off some time in your calendar to get everything reconnected and make sure it’s working as it should. Contact us if you need help.
- You most likely will need to re-register your devices to the Harvard Secure wireless network. Mobile phones, tablets, and wifi-enabled computers may need to re-register for access to Harvard’s wireless network. You can do this on campus or before you arrive:
- Register for wifi if you’re on campus:
- Register for wifi if you’re off-campus:
1) Go to getonline.harvard.edu
- Find detailed instructions here
1) Connect to the Harvard University network
2) Go to getonline.harvard.edu
3) Click I Have a Harvard Key and follow the instructions to download and run the setup software
4) You will be connected to the Harvard Secure network
2) Click I Have a Harvard Key and follow the instructions to download and run the setup software
3) After your device is configured, you’ll see a message telling you the network is “not in range”. When you’re back on campus your device will connect to the Harvard Secure network