Sample Job Posting
Contact: Careers @ Gensler
Contact Information: [email protected]
Position Title: Junior Architect
Position Type: Full Time
At Gensler, we design for people. We leverage our global perspective and local presence to innovate at every scale. We’re not just designers. We’re tinkerers, craftspeople, visionaries, innovators and thought leaders. Fueled by passion and entrepreneurial spirit, our people bring innovative ideas to solve challenging problems. Whether you’re into sketching new ideas, hacking a building, or growing client relationships in global markets, there’s something here for everyone.
As a *Gensler Junior Architect, you will collaborate with a team of architects and designers to develop design solutions as well as coordinate the design through the construction administration phase of a project. You will be successful because you already know how to translate sketches and documents into realized 3D models and working drawings and can research technical issues when they arise. You will join a studio focused on institutional projects primarily for higher education clients. Your work ethic, combined with your commitment to collaboration and mentoring, makes Gensler the perfect place to nurture your career.
*Hyperlink job posting, if possible.
What You Will Do:
- Participate in all project phases, with a primary focus on design development, construction documents and construction administration.
- Collaborate with design team, clients, consultants, contractors, fabricators, regulatory agencies, and other vendors to meet overall project objectives
- Produce BIM models and construction drawings
- Resolve challenging technical and design issues with the team to produce innovative, technical, constructible solutions
- Actively lead smaller projects or co-lead a team on larger projects for successful delivery
- Co-manage client expectations, team communication and oversight of consultant coordination
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture from an accredited school
- Registered architect. Nearly completed exams status will be considered.
- 3-5 years of experience in the profession of architectural design
- Working knowledge of building codes, standards and accessibility requirements
- High proficiency in Revit
- Proficient in Bluebeam, SketchUp, AutoCAD, Adobe Suite a plus
- Flexibility to focus on concurrent projects in various stages of development
- A quick learner with an ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Effective communicator, collaborative and team-conscious
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States
Salary Level: Commensurate with experience.
Resume Receipt: *Other
*Select “Other” and enter your preferred destination for applications in the “How to Apply” section below.
How to Apply:
To be considered, please submit portfolio and/or work samples in PDF format.
Apply via official job posting at:
(Link to URL)
Additional Documents/Documents Required:
- Cover Letter
- Other Documents
- Master of Architecture I
- Master of Architecture I AP
- Master of Architecture II
Desired Work Authorization: Authorized to work in the U.S.
Desired Class Level:
- Graduating student
Desired Degree Level: Master’s Degree