On Wednesday, April 17th and Thursday, April 18th, the Harvard Graduate School of Design, David Rockefeller Center for Latin American Studies, Recupera Chile, and Adams House invite you to explore how the concept of recovery after major earthquakes has guided the work of programs in Oaxaca, Mexico and southern Chile.
- Welcome Reception
- Thinking Beyond Reconstruction
- The Isthmus of Tehuantepec: Three Research Approaches to Post-Disaster Opportunities
- Recupera Chile: A Survey of Disaster Response and Recovery Efforts in Southern Chile
- Q&A / Final Thoughts
- Evening Reception (food and wine served)
Thursday, April 18th, Lower Common Room, Adams House, 9am -1 pm
- Panel: The Role of Universities in Disaster Recovery
- Panel: Bottom Up Community Involvement
- Resilient Homes Challenge
- Lessons Learned (lunch provided)
See full agenda: here
Harvard Graduate School of Design
David Rockefeller Center for Latin American Studies
Anyone requiring accessibility accommodations should contact the Public Programs Office at (617) 496-2414 or [email protected].